Car brand groups

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Volkswagen is by far the most insane.

iGvnHLv.png

And the FCA nearly owned Renault Nissan as well! The merger failed... for some reason.
It's always sorta funny to know that Ferrari's are being made... by Fiat.

According to the Wikipedia for the Ford GT40, Ford once had almost bought Ferrari, but the deal fell through because Ferrari wanted to keep control over their open-wheel racing division. Ford didn't want that, since they ran the Indy 500 and didn't want Ferrari to butt in.
In revenge, Ford ordered the construction of "a car that would beat Ferrari at endurance-racing", which became the GT40.

Did I just spoil the plot for the upcoming Ferrari Vs Ford movie?
Probably.

And the FCA nearly owned Renault Nissan as well! The merger failed... for some reason.
It's always sorta funny to know that Ferrari's are being made... by Fiat.

According to the Wikipedia for the Ford GT40, Ford once had almost bought Ferrari, but the deal fell through because Ferrari wanted to keep control over their open-wheel racing division. Ford didn't want that, since they ran the Indy 500 and didn't want Ferrari to butt in.
In revenge, Ford ordered the construction of "a car that would beat Ferrari at endurance-racing", which became the GT40.

Did I just spoil the plot for the upcoming Ferrari Vs Ford movie?
Probably.
This was also beautifully explained in Top Gear (or was it The Grand Tour? Don't know for sure)
We had a Jeep and it sucked, I don't think I'll ever buy anything from the FCA group. I also saw a Doug DeMuro review yesterday about the Gibli

Didn't exactly help me to change my view.

If I ever have money to spend (or more than enough to spend) I'm gonna go with Volkswagen. The fact that even Italian and English car brands are now under their wing (Lamborghini and Bentley) means that the designs are still beautiful, but the internals are German engineering. Can't go wrong that way.

Yeah, same here. Although the Japanese makers are pretty good as well. Toyota, Nissan, Mazda,... Decent to great design, and incredibly reliable.

I like how they still called it "killing a Toyota". That thing is crazy indestructible.

Back
Top Bottom