Americans vs. Canadians

Rafay

var nerd; nerd = db_getUser("rafay");
Qpw8y.jpg

Fries said:
Ironically, you're being pretty ignorant by judging all Americans as arrogant.

Actually, I'm not judging them, I'm getting a fair perception from them, the majority act arrogant, I understand not everyone is like this, but the majority are, it's not arrogance, but acceptance of the fact.

The majority actually don't. To be quite honest, the majority don't give a shit that they're American and aren't the least bit arrogant because of it. You should try to learn some facts before claiming that your view is fact.

Fries said:
The majority actually don't. To be quite honest, the majority don't give a shit that they're American and aren't the least bit arrogant because of it. You should try to learn some facts before claiming that your view is fact.

I don't necessarily want to argue with you fries, however I have done my homework and my facts are relevant, just as yours are, depends on how each individuals views are, my perceptions of Americans is how I see it, and the same applies to you, however it could be biased due to you actually being one.

However, don't want to argue over it.

I'm not saying that all Americans are not arrogant, I'm saying that the majority don't view themselves as 'great people' just because they are American. I live in America and I see the way Americans act all the time. They generally act the same way that people from every other place in the world that I've been to acts. Don't define people based on the area they come from.

Fries said:
I'm not saying that all Americans are not arrogant, I'm saying that the majority don't view themselves as 'great people' just because they are American. I live in America and I see the way Americans act all the time. They generally act the same way that people from every other place in the world that I've been to acts. Don't define people based on the area they come from.

Oh that's rich, according to 'American" ideology all it takes is the 'majority' to be a certain way for everyones perspective of them to reflect that way, not all muslims are terrorists, but you go to any american city and ask the natives of such a fine land what they think of muslims, behold their wrath. So using this ideology, they are what the majority has defined them by, also there is room for marginal error, as it is notable not all americans are wankers, just most.

According to your ideology, all it takes is a couple of arrogant Americans to label them all arrogant. You go to any American city and you ask them what they think of Muslims and the majority will not say that they are terrorists. Take this example: NYC subway, almost a year ago maybe. Muslim guy bumps into a white guy on the subway, he calls him a terrorist and at that point almost everyone in the car turned on the white guy, calling him a racist, etc.

Want to claim that most Americans are anything? Do some actual research, not just speculation based on mass media.
Panki, I believe I'm being objective here because I'd say the same thing about any country in the world. You don't judge the population of any country or of any group of people at once. If you do, you're the one being ignorant.

Americans just look arrogant to Nimph because he's upside down (just like all Australians) :troll:

Oh look. Another thread de-railed by nationality bullshit. It doesn't matter if your English, American, Canadian, German, Belgian, or a fucking alien, if your an arrogant dick, your an arrogant dick. Sure some cultures and nation have more than others, but remember we only see what is reported if you haven't actually BEEN there. Now all of you knock it the fuck off and love each other.

Fries said:
According to your ideology, all it takes is a couple of arrogant Americans to label them all arrogant. You go to any American city and you ask them what they think of Muslims and the majority will not say that they are terrorists. Take this example: NYC subway, almost a year ago maybe. Muslim guy bumps into a white guy on the subway, he calls him a terrorist and at that point almost everyone in the car turned on the white guy, calling him a racist, etc.

Want to claim that most Americans are anything? Do some actual research, not just speculation based on mass media.
Panki, I believe I'm being objective here because I'd say the same thing about any country in the world. You don't judge the population of any country or of any group of people at once. If you do, you're the one being ignorant.

Nl6yi.jpg

It's not mere speculation, but countless hours of spectation and observance of Americans, from what's portrayed in media, through to how I've dealt with them myself. I've never met a nice American (that's not to say that there aren't any nice ones, just a needle in a haystack if you will, and if I was to find one, it'd be a Kodak moment.)

Vodkush said:
Oh look. Another thread de-railed by nationality bullshit. It doesn't matter if your English, American, Canadian, German, Belgian, or a fucking alien, if your an arrogant dick, your an arrogant dick. Sure some cultures and nation have more than others, but remember we only see what is reported if you haven't actually BEEN there. Now all of you knock it the fuck off and love each other.

You're right, your nationality doesn't matter, theres dicks and nice people everywhere, just got to weed through them.
But this doesn't mean we can't freely voice our "thoughts" regarding a nation in a constructive manner. In fact Fries is a p cool guy.

Back
Top Bottom