[2001] Behind Enemy Lines

Andre

behind-enemy-line.jpg

Behind Enemy Lines

Fighter navigator Chris Burnett wants out: he was looking for something more than the boring recon missions he's been flying. He finds himself flying the lone Christmas day mission over war-torn Bosnia. But when he talks pilot Stackhouse into flying slightly off-course to check out an interesting target, the two get shot down. Burnett is soon alone, trying to outrun a pursuing army, while commanding officer Reigert finds his rescue operation hamstrung by politics, forcing Burnett to run far out of his way. Written by Jon Reeves {jreeves@imdb.com}

Lt. Chris Burnett, who wants to resign from the Navy, is teamed up with Lt. Jeremy Stackhouse to conduct a reconnaissance mission over war-torn Bosnia, where a peace treaty may put the devastating war to an end. During the mission, they fly their FA-18 off course to check out a suspicious target that turns out to be the site of a mass grave that contains bodies of Bosnian Muslims. The main perpetrator of the massacre, Gen. Miroslav Lokar, has the plane shot down in order to avoid having the plane obtaining evidence of the massacre. After parachuting into Serb-controlled Bosnian territory, Stackhouse is executed by Lokar's men while Burnett is on the run from the Serbs. Burnett's commanding officer, Rear Admiral Leslie Reigart, has trouble gaining approval from his own commanding officers to carry out a search-and-rescue mission to save Burnett, who fear that such a move will endanger the peace process. From encountering a major battle in a war-torn town, to mine fields, to Serb soldiers seeking the pilot, and to a highly skilled sniper, will Burnett be able to escape Bosnia, or will he suffer the same fate of his comrade?

Best Trivia stuff: :laugh:
* Director John Moore was nearly killed in the scene where the tank busts through the wall. He was pulled away by a stuntman just in time.
* In the opening scene when the Lt. Chris Burnett (Owen Wilson's) character loses the football over the side of the Navy ship, you can hear someone scream 'Wilson'. A possible reference to the Tom Hanks film Cast Away (2000).

That's like the best war movie I've ever seen... and I've seen it 4 times.

Never watched it, I'm going to give it a try.

Oh and LMAO @
* Director John Moore was nearly killed in the scene where the tank busts through the wall. He was pulled away by a stuntman just in time.

GPow69 said:
Andre said:
* In the opening scene when the Lt. Chris Burnett (Owen Wilson's) character loses the football over the side of the Navy ship, you can hear someone scream 'Wilson'. A possible reference to the Tom Hanks film Cast Away (2000).
That made me laugh my ass off. Me and freinds always used to make Jokes about Wilson (The volleyball, not the person)
The Wilson ball part always made me cry.

Snickers said:
It also features Niko Bellic:tongue:
The serbian hitman isn't Niko Bellic.
There's a certain familiarity between the serbian hitman, one dude's son in Call of Duty 4 (some Zaikhev or something) and Niko Bellic. But they're all related to Russia so make your guess.

Yes, it's an epic movie and it's based on a true story (not many people know that).

But Saving Private Ryan will always be my #1 war movie :/.

Andre said:
Snickers said:
It also features Niko Bellic:tongue:
The serbian hitman isn't Niko Bellic.
There's a certain familiarity between the serbian hitman, one dude's son in Call of Duty 4 (some Zaikhev or something) and Niko Bellic. But they're all related to Russia so make your guess.

What I actually meant is that he looks like Niko Bellic alot.

I like Top gun better, Maybe because i got it in 1020P Bluray rofl

Back
Top Bottom