TMS Dog is a little too excited

Okay, what I think happened here:
The dog is on one of those extending leashes. While the woman wasn't paying attention and closing the door, the dog bolted, and extended the leash to the full length. Which is why it's so sudden. You can see her hand shake a bit right before getting pulled away, that's the leash unwinding. Suddenly it has no more leash left to unwind, and the woman eats pavement.

I always disliked those leashes. They feel so... lazy.

Okay, what I think happened here:
The dog is on one of those extending leashes. While the woman wasn't paying attention and closing the door, the dog bolted, and extended the leash to the full length. Which is why it's so sudden. You can see her hand shake a bit right before getting pulled away, that's the leash unwinding. Suddenly it has no more leash left to unwind, and the woman eats pavement.

I always disliked those leashes. They feel so... lazy.
Detective Sty in action!
And what do you prefer, a fixed leash? I guess they are much stronger as well.

Detective Sty in action!
And what do you prefer, a fixed leash? I guess they are much stronger as well.
More control, easy. I've always used a simple leather leash, which clipped onto the dog's collar. If you yank on a simple leash, the dog stays put. No where to go. With those extending things, you have to reel them in, which is a bit of a chore. Of course, in some situations, a extending is better. When walking through a forest where dogs are to be leashed, for example.

Back
Top Bottom