Author Topic: Series: General Discussion  (Read 4544 times)

Offline Mave

• TMS Founder
  • Administrator
  • Godfather
Re: Series: General Discussion
« Reply #120 on: February 07, 2018, 09:48 »
Started watching The End Of The Fucking World and already binge watched half the episodes (only 8 episodes in total and 20min/episode though) It’s pretty good!

Offline Stybar

• Master Member
  • durrrr
« Reply #121 on: February 09, 2018, 07:08 »
What kind of series is it? I've heard nothing but good of it, but I haven't got the foggiest what it's actually about.

Offline Mave

• TMS Founder
  • Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2018, 07:43 »
What kind of series is it? I've heard nothing but good of it, but I haven't got the foggiest what it's actually about.
Basically two fucked up teenagers that run away from home together. (sound cheesy as fuck, but just give it a try)

Offline Mave

• TMS Founder
  • Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2018, 04:31 »
Basically two fucked up teenagers that run away from home together. (sound cheesy as fuck, but just give it a try)
Update: loved the series, ending could have been better though.

Catching up with Modern Family Season 9, the only funny series at the moment imo.

Offline Stybar

• Master Member
  • durrrr
« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2018, 04:11 »
Finished the 3 available seasons of Brooklyn 9-9, "finding" season 4 and 5 now.

Meanwhile, we started with the second seasons of Dirk Gently's Hollistic Detecive Agency, and it's even better than the first season.
The mystery is now even more outlandish, but the reveals are more equally spread. In the first season, you're left grasping in the dark for the first 75% of the season. Now, some big twists are given away in episode 2, but they leave you with even more questions as to how that reveal fits into the general plot.
I LOVE IT. It's a great treasure hunt you want to complete. Every time they reveal something, my mind goes and tries to fit it in with the other known facts, to figure out what the fuck is happening.
As in the first season though, the acting is stellar.
Elijah Wood plays the "slowly getting loopey" role amazingly, and Hannah Marks is still killing it as a bad-ass punker girl. Star of the second season has got to be Dustin Milligan though. He plays the slightly idiotic soldier who got promoted way above his capabilities, but he plays the bumbling klutz role so incredibly well you can't help but laugh at his incompetence.

Also, it has Alan Tudyk as slightly sociopathic southern mercenary. Which is amazing.