Author Topic: Cool Idea  (Read 967 times)

Offline GPow69

• consololol ಠ_ಠ
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • EDM for life ♥
Cool Idea
« on: May 12, 2011, 10:16 »
Not really my idea, I watched a presentation by Greyscalegorilla that was aimed towards designers and creative people in general, and he mentioned that he saw it on a forum (I found the original thread here :D).

The idea is called "Make something cool every day", and every day/week/(whatever interval you want), you make something cool in whatever you want to learn or practice (C4D, Photoshop, Maybe a web design, Illustrator, anything really, but stick to the same thing as in if you start with PS you keep doing PS) and post it in a the thread.

The point is to obviously get experience, practice, and also train yourself to stick to deadlines (Every day at X time I'm going to post -whatever-). Also people can provide feedback and you can (As he says) "Learn what works and looks good, what doesn't, what you like, new techniques, etc"

ANYWAY, I think this might be a neat idea for TMS. Other than all the benefits mentioned above, it's also a good way to get some more activity here in the graphics board.
Anyone else want to do this with me? I'm not sure if I'd want to do it forever all alone D:

It's a pretty neat presentation if you'd like to see it, Here's the link

Offline Aman1238

• Pro Member
  • #swag
Re: Cool Idea
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 10:25 »
I think its a pretty cool idea! This should give people more and more practice and the only way to get new creative ideas to make projects is to use up all the ones you have :)

So I have one question, does each person make their own thread, or post every interval here?

Offline GPow69

• consololol ಠ_ಠ
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • EDM for life ♥
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 10:27 »
One thread, and you can stay on your own schedule, and people can join in or leave whenever they want, but they should try to stick to their schedule
Like it could be going on for a few days with a few people doing daily posts (say they're all on day 3), and then someone might want to join in and do weekly, that's fine, they can just post starting there their week 1 week 2 etc

Offline Aman1238

• Pro Member
  • #swag
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 10:35 »
^Ah thanks for clearing that up.

Anyways I really like the idea, it should be a good add to the Graphics section.

Offline GPow69

• consololol ಠ_ಠ
  • Global Moderator
  • Ultimate Member
  • EDM for life ♥
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2011, 10:59 »

Offline Panki

• VIP
  • Ultimate Member
  • 0x1A4 every day
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 11:29 »
Will try to do one each month :D

Offline Mave

• TMS Founder
  • Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 08:45 »
Pretty awesome idea GP :D
I approve it (not that you need my approval lol)