I just bought a racing wheel

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
I still had €200 store credit for bol.com (think of it as a Belgian Amazon) and the Thrustmaster TMX wheel was €225.
So after reading exclusively positive reviews I decided to cough up the €25 and go for the wheel.
Will arrive tomorrow at work, can't wait to test it.

https://www.bol.com/nl/p/thrustmast...-racestuur-xbox-one-windows/9200000069775600/

5SzgZVE.jpg

wg3FqpT.jpg

g5b2m30.jpg

VSfU0BU.jpg

Oh man, I always wanted to have one too. Especially since I have PSVR, it probably would be pretty sick to play racing games!

Oh man, I always wanted to have one too. Especially since I have PSVR, it probably would be pretty sick to play racing games!
Neat, never really tried VR myself (besides a small rollercoaster demo). Will let you know if the wheel lives up to the positive reviews.

Also off-topic: the TMX logo font looks a lot like the TMS logo.

Should arrive in a few hours ::3:
Bought Assetto Corsa because apparently it's one of the best racing games with a steering wheel.
Will of course also try Forza Horizon 4. (And the Forza Motorsport 7 demo)

Oh man am I loving this wheel so far.
It's bloody fantastic in Dirt Rally and F1 2017.

Cool setup! Racing gaming chair when? :biggrin:
If it were up to me I'd buy one in an instant. However our apartment is pretty small and I already got 5 times as much shit as my girlfriend.. I'll wait and see how cramped my "work" room will be once we're moved into the apartment :laugh:
I have to admit though that a normal desk chair (the one I have now) is far from ideal:

lFBpLyg.jpg

Not the exact model but 99% the same.

Ayy, done some racing alreay?
I still got my T300RS with the Alcantara Ferrari wheel, wanna race sometime?

How's the force feedback?

Ayy, done some racing alreay?
I still got my T300RS with the Alcantara Ferrari wheel, wanna race sometime?

How's the force feedback?
Please allow me to get better first. Also doesn't the T300RS also have force feedback? I thought it was a much better wheel.

Here's a quick video showing a minute of Dirty Rally. (yes I put a GoPro on my head for this)

That looks super fun :biggrin: Does it manage to simulate actual driving at all?

That looks super fun :biggrin: Does it manage to simulate actual driving at all?
It comes pretty close actually! The force feedback is pretty good.
I drove on some of the actual circuits in games like Project Cars 2 and Asseto Corsa and of course it's not 100% like the real thing but it does a pretty good job.

If you want to simulate 99% you'll need a direct drive system. Do note that these can break your arm if you crash into a wall...
https://www.fanatec.com/eu-en/wheel-bases/podium-wheel-base-dd2-eu.html
These things start at €1500 (for the base only, no wheel, pedals,..)

Back
Top Bottom