Google’s Parent Has a Plan to Eliminate Mosquitoes Worldwide

Mave

TMS Founder
Administrator
Google’s Parent Has a Plan to Eliminate Mosquitoes Worldwide

VAdUGiL.png

California's Fresno County. It's the first salvo in an unlikely war for Google parent Alphabet Inc.: eradicating mosquito-borne diseases around the world.

Mosquito-borne disease eradication is serious stuff for Alphabet, though it is just one of many of the company’s forays into health care and life sciences. Through Verily and other branches of the company, Alphabet is investigating smart contact lenses, artificial intelligence applications for health care, and the molecular mechanisms of aging. Just this month, Google hired Geisinger Health Chief Executive Officer David Feinberg to oversee its many health-care initiatives.

Verily guards its technology closely. But it stands to reason that if it succeeds in making mosquito control easy and cheap enough, it could have a lucrative offering on its hands: Many governments and businesses around the globe might be glad to pay for a solution to their mosquito problems.

Source and more: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...kill-mosquitoes-google-and-verily-have-a-plan

Not just governments and businesses, I'm guessing lots of normal people would want a cheap device that can kill mosquitoes. God knows I do.

Not just governments and businesses, I'm guessing lots of normal people would want a cheap device that can kill mosquitoes. God knows I do.
It's the only thing I hate about summer in France. Once the sun goes down the mosquitoes get ready for battle.

Back
Top Bottom