TMS Chainless bicycle drivetrain prototype

Hmmm... No.
Trust me, I use a bicycle with a driveshaft to work every day.

THEY SUCK.
Somehow, they are a lot heavier to work as a regular chain. The difference is immediately noticeable. Also, every so often, I have one in which some teeth of the pinions are broken. Which causes the entire pedals to lurch every other cycle. You have any idea how fucking annoying that is? Now, because it's a bike sharing platform, wear and tear is increased IMMENSELY, but still. I would rather use a simple chain, it may be less "efficient" but there's a reason they were used all these years.

Also, why put a battery IN the driveshaft? That shit is going to cause headaches when it runs out halfway through your trip.

Hmmm... No.
Trust me, I use a bicycle with a driveshaft to work every day.

THEY SUCK.
Somehow, they are a lot heavier to work as a regular chain. The difference is immediately noticeable. Also, every so often, I have one in which some teeth of the pinions are broken. Which causes the entire pedals to lurch every other cycle. You have any idea how fucking annoying that is? Now, because it's a bike sharing platform, wear and tear is increased IMMENSELY, but still. I would rather use a simple chain, it may be less "efficient" but there's a reason they were used all these years.

Also, why put a battery IN the driveshaft? That shit is going to cause headaches when it runs out halfway through your trip.

Really curious to what bike you use.

These Velo city bikes:

They're fine for short trips (like station <-> office), but only just... If my office was 10 minutes further away, I would stop using them.

These Velo city bikes:

They're fine for short trips (like station <-> office), but only just... If my office was 10 minutes further away, I would stop using them.

I had no idea these guys were chain-less.. Pass by them every day. I heard they're indeed a pain in the ass to ride as well.

Well, most of them are :) on occasion (like once a month), I have an old one with a decent chain.

Back
Top Bottom