Author Topic: SA-MP Market - no more  (Read 9489 times)

Offline Mave

• TMS Founder
  • Administrator
  • Godfather
SA-MP Market - no more
« on: August 28, 2010, 05:13 »
Dear SA-MP market users and other people.

This morning I received the following email from the SA-MP team.

...rather then us resorting to legal notices

I decided to accept their request of take-down of the SA-MP Market.

I'm sorry for all inconvenience that you people may suffer from, but this is my website and I decided to avoid a lawsuit, or whatever they mean with 'legal notices'.

- Mave (SA-MP Market founder)

« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 05:17 by Mave »

Offline Carlton

• New Guy
Re: SA-MP Market - no more
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 05:41 »
Not too happy about this.

Offline Seif

• New Guy
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 05:48 »
No, there's no "legal actions" to this, Mave. SA-MP is a FREE mod using a FREE scripting language. In the SA-MP forum alone they let people script for others for money. Modifications of GTA SA? It's a script OF a free modification which people work hard on and those who want to buy it, can purchase. It is the SAME thing as scripting for money, which is allowed in SA-MP forum, so they can't say any of that bullshit.

It's a threat, Mave. They know the market is growing and they don't want people there because that's where most of the wrongly banned SA-MP users go to. Don't believe in them.

Offline Carlton

• New Guy
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 05:49 »
No, there's no "legal actions" to this, Mave. SA-MP is a FREE mod using a FREE scripting language. In the SA-MP forum alone they let people script for others for money. Modifications of GTA SA? It's a script OF a free modification which people work hard on and those who want to buy it, can purchase. It is the SAME thing as scripting for money, which is allowed in SA-MP forum, so they can't say any of that bullshit.

It's a threat, Mave. They know the market is growing and they don't want people there because that's where most of the wrongly banned SA-MP users go to. Don't believe in them.

About that scripting for money thing you mentioned, you're completely right, Many put "Scripting for $" inside their signatures, and nothing happens.

Offline Seif

• New Guy
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 05:54 »
Exactly. Hosting servers is also not for free. + Kye also made the Hosted tab so Woet can make MORE money. So Kye tells Market to shut down because people are making money out of GTA SA but SA-MP isn't with their "scripting for money" and hostings? Kye is one power hungry mother fucker. He's just trying to scare you, Mave, nothing will happen.

Offline Mave

• TMS Founder
  • Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 06:09 »
Well I'm sorry Seif, but I already closed it down, feel free to host your own though.

Offline Seif

• New Guy
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 06:17 »
Well I'm sorry Seif, but I already closed it down, feel free to host your own though.
You deleted everything?

Offline Andre

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 07:11 »
The reason Kye even sent the mail is very well known to anyone who has some brains. Although it might be true that no modification of GTA:SA can be distributed for a fee, but this sure doesn't apply to SA-MP scripts. Because the modification to GTA:SA in this case is SA-MP, which is free. Scripts for SA-MP on the other hand, the EULA just doesn't apply to SA-MP scripts.

(i) Ideas expressed in this software by way of coding or configuration are property of SA-MP.com.
Do you know that Valhalla's SA-MP server was removed from the master list because they introduced an ID system to their MTA system to ease up player identifications? That's exactly what Kye did, I didn't have a single idea that identification by numbers is the property of SA-MP.com

Decided to avoid a lawsuit? Good for you, but there won't be a lawsuit against anyone. SA-MP team is not backed by any legal advice by anyone as far as I know, and as far as I can remember they have denied any help. The legal notices would be contacting your host with DMCA complaints, and yeah, your host would take it down for sure once they're e-mailed by anyone.

Farewell SA-MP market, was a good community. Perhaps some of its conversations can be routed to here, such as the SA-MP related ones.

Offline iLinx

• New Guy
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 07:45 »
Wow, tis a shame

Offline Rose

• New Guy
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 07:50 »
Are you selling the domain name? I would like to host it and re-create the forums.

Offline Carlton

• New Guy
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 07:53 »
Are you selling the domain name? I would like to host it and re-create the forums.

Too late.

[FF]TeddyBear

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 07:55 »
Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Yeah, they were bluffing.  :troll:

Offline Rose

• New Guy
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 07:55 »

Too late.

It's still great, are you going to re-create the forum?

[FF]TeddyBear

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 07:57 »
1. Get offshore hosting.
2. Get the domain off Mave.
3. ?????
4. PROFIT.

Offline Carlton

• New Guy
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 07:57 »

Too late.

It's still great, are you going to re-create the forum?

Yes, with Seif, but Seif is stalling or something on Steam.

Offline MiRc34

• Ultimate Member
  • #3 Top Poster Hurr Durr.
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 07:58 »
Well, sorry to hear that, Mave.
But I looked at the email and it doesn't seem really legit... But w/e...

[FF]TeddyBear

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2010, 08:01 »
Let us know when your done ;D

Offline Seif

• New Guy
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 08:13 »
I will be re-opening the market soon. When it's done, I'll be announcing it. Give me a day or two.

Offline The Toni

• New Guy
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2010, 09:07 »
I know a hoster that is offshore and allows nulled scripts :D

and its only 3 bucks a month for unlimited disk/bandwidth/etc.

And trust me, it seems like 3 bucks for all that sounds really bad hosting, but Its good. I have a forums if you want to see it.

http://redcountyrp.co.cc

Offline fedorms

• New Guy
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 11:10 »
Fuck Kye in the ass, seriously. In conjunction with this, he deleted the sa-mp russian forums, and all topics relating to the removal because some Russian friends posted the hidden, but native and ineffective serial functions he made.

Fuck. You. Kye.