Author Topic: Anon can't tell the difference  (Read 49 times)

Online Mave

• TMS Founder
  • Administrator
  • Godfather
Anon can't tell the difference
« on: October 25, 2017, 02:12 »

Offline Stybar

• Master Member
  • durrrr
Re: Anon can't tell the difference
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 07:29 »
We still have military standing guard in all major train stations after an attack on an airport 18 months ago.

So yeah, fair point.

Online Mave

• TMS Founder
  • Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 06:16 »
We still have military standing guard in all major train stations after an attack on an airport 18 months ago.

So yeah, fair point.
Now the question is: which one do you prefer? I'd prefer a middle ground, needs to be more than a non issue after a few days, but all the attention the attackers get is never good.

Offline Stybar

• Master Member
  • durrrr
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 09:29 »

So yeah, fair point.
Now the question is: which one do you prefer? I'd prefer a middle ground, needs to be more than a non issue after a few days, but all the attention the attackers get is never good.
Well, the military guards at certain hotspots are understandable, but 18 months? That's stretching it a bit.

Also, after the attack, they started screening cars before they could go to the airport, but that caused people to group up at that checkpoint. Which just moved the target instead of solving the problem.

Online Mave

• TMS Founder
  • Administrator
  • Godfather
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 06:35 »
Also, after the attack, they started screening cars before they could go to the airport, but that caused people to group up at that checkpoint. Which just moved the target instead of solving the problem.
Problem mostly was that our airport is really close to the highway, so there's not much space for checkpoint(s).

Offline Stybar

• Master Member
  • durrrr
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 08:12 »
Well yeah, but the main point was that in order to secure one checkpoint, where a lot of people gather, is to create another checkpoint, where a lot of people will gather.

Same happened in the train station. I used to take the subway from Antwerp Central station. The entrance to the subway there has 2 entrances from the train station proper. The week after the attack, they closed 1 of those entrances. Which caused everyone to funnel into the remaining entrance. I felt like I had a massive bullseye painted on my back.