My last PC update was almost two years ago
, so I decided last week to invest in a major update.
Basically everything except for storage, power supply, and the case got upgraded.
- CPU: i7 3770 to i7 7700k
- CPU Cooler: Basic cooler to Noctua NH-D15
- Motherboard: Basic MB (IPMMB-FM) to Asus PRIME Z270-P ATX LGA 1151
- RAM: Basic 16GB (DDR3-1600) to Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x 16GB DDR4-3000)
- GFX: GTX 970 to MSI GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8GB OC
- Storage: 2x SSD (Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB & Samsung 840 Pro 128GB) + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
- Case: Fractal Design Define R5
- PSU: Corsair CX750M
Quick photo to show off the cramped inside right now (the CPU cooler is MASSIVE)
... and I still can't max out GTA V with constant 60FPS
(get dips to high 40s sometimes if MSAA is on the highest option)
So yeah no upgrades for me the next 5 years, or my wallet will kill me.