'Unluckiest man in Australia' bitten on the penis by a spider for the second time
A 21-year-old Australian has been labelled “the unluckiest man in Australia” after he was bitten by a spider on the penis for the second time in five months.
The tradesman said he was bitten by a redback spider while using a portable toilet at a work site.
It was his first visit to a portable toilet since his last encounter with a spider, he said, adding that the bite occurred on “pretty much the same spot”.
“This one is a bit sorer - it seems like it got a better shot at it this time,” he told Kiis FM Radio.
“It is a really sharp intense pain at the start… It’s redder, a bit more swollen, it hurts a bit more. I got tetanus and antivenom yesterday.”
Redback spiders, known for the distinctive red stripe on their upper abdomen, are native to Australia and are found across the country.
About 4,000 bites occur a year, including about 250 requiring antivenom.
The bites, which can cause intense pain, swelling and nausea, can be deadly but no fatalities have occurred since antivenom was developed in the 1950s.Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/28/unluckiest-man-in-australia-bitten-on-the-penis-by-a-spider-for/