Author Topic: Discuss the last movie you watched  (Read 1830 times)

Online Mave

• TMS Founder
  • Administrator
  • Godfather
Re: Discuss the last movie you watched
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2017, 08:42 »

Hell or High Water (2016):
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2582782/
IMDB score: 7,7
IMDB description: A divorced father and his ex-con older brother resort to a desperate scheme in order to save their family's ranch in West Texas.

My opinion: This one had been on my watchlist for a while, was actually one of the only oscar-nominated movies I really wanted to see.
This movie was exactly what I wanted it to be, I loved the acting performances, especially by the two brothers (Ben Foster, Chris Pine) and Jeff Bridges. Beside having a good plot, what this movie also does good is portraying Texas; the people, the state itself, mentality,...
I wasn't sure what to expect with the ending, but safe to say, this movie had a really good ending imo.
So you like Texas, bank robbers and a good old badass sheriff? Go watch this movie.

My rating: 8/10

Online Stybar

• Master Member
  • durrrr
Re: Discuss the last movie you watched
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2017, 07:55 »

Movie + Year: Alien (1979)
IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078748/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
IMDB score: 8.5/10
IMDB description: After a space merchant vessel perceives an unknown transmission as distress call, its landing on the source moon finds one of the crew attacked by a mysterious life-form, and they soon realize that its life cycle has merely begun.

My opinion: I realized I never actually watched some of the classic, must-see movies (Alien, Predator, Blade Runner, Matrix,...). So I started with the Alien series.
It's an old horror movie. It relies mostly on scary moments and intense creepieness, instead of plain gore. The alien only shows up a couple of times though, which makes it more scary when he DOES show up.
Most of the special effects are from the late 70's, and at times you can't help but smile at the silly computer stuff (those screens), but it's not ridiculous.

My rating: 8/10, it's a classic, with good reason.